2017, 20 NOVEMBER - THE TRAINING ON "INFORMATION LITERACY AND RESEARCH SKILLS" FOR THE LIBRARY STAFF DEVELOPMENT WAS HELD AT ALECU RUSSO BALTI STATE UNIVERSITY
...On..20 November 2017, the training on "Information Literacy and Research Skills" for the library staff development was held at Alecu Russo Balti State University (Program). The pilot course was compiled as a working package of the ERASMUS+ Capacity Building in the Field of Higher education (CBHE) LNSS Project "Library Network Support Services: Modernizing Libraries in Armenia, Moldova and Belarus through Library Staff Development and Reforming Library Services" (2015 – 2018).
Nelli Amarfi-Railean, Vice-Rector for International Relations had an opening speech and spoke about the importance of projects for the development of librarians' skills and wish success to the event participants.
The purpose of the monitoring was presented by European experts Jerald CAVANAGH BSc Econ, MSc, MA, Institute Librarian, Limerick Institute of Technology; Padraig KIRBY BA (Hons) HdipLIS MSc (LIS), Senior Library Assistant, Limerick Institute of Technology
Elena HARCONIŢA, Director SL USARB presented the general and specific objectives, work packages, modules and achievements of the SL USARB within the ERASMUS + Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education (CBHE).
The folowing topics were touched upon during the training:
- Elena Harconita, Director SL USARB: Curriculum of Module 4 Information Literacy and Research Skills and International Standards of Information Literacy;
- Mihaela STAVER, the Base librarian: Information retrieval tools for studies and research, Databases with multidisciplinary coverage and specific services to major distributors to which the University is subscribed: EBSCO, SpringerLink, etc .: search fields / criteria, keywords, filters, results management, Creative Commons (CC) Licenses;
- Aculina MIHALUŢA, Deputy Director: LibUnivCatalog – the shared catalog of 7 university libraries from Moldova on the ExLibris Primo platform;
- Anna NAGHERNEAC, Head of Bibliographic Information and Research Service presented Management of bibliographic references. Bibliographic Reference Management Software;
- Elena ŢURCAN, Librarian: RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES. METHODS / SYSTEMS OF BIBLIOMETRICS / SCIENTOMETRICS;
- Mihaela STAVER, the Base librarian and Anna NAGHERNEAC, Head of Bibliographic Information and Research Service: MANAGING COPYRIGHT:PLAGIARISM AND AUTHOR'S RIGHT IN RESEARCH.
Jerald Cavanagh BSc Econ, MSc, MA, Institute Librarian şi Padraig Kirby BA (Hons) HdipLIS MSc (LIS), Senior Library Assistant, Limerick Institute of Technology have benefited of competent translations in English, interpreted by Valentina TOPALO, Head of Service.
International experts have appreciated the impressive appearance of trainers, highlighting the professionalism of USARB librarians, finding them even fabulous, through which they have demonstrated knowledge in the field of information culture and pedagogical skills of trainers. Group of trainees have received the information and have exercised home tasks, then teaching/learning users. The whole activity, according to Jerald Cavanagh was a positive injection for international experts, pleasantly surprised by loyalty and love for the librarian profession attested in Balti.
Upon completion of the course the participants were awarded certificates, followed by a family photo.